Friday, April 11, 2003

Friday Five

Finally a Friday Five that I would like to complete. The reason is simple it's a musical quiz! That's the kind of thing that brings me great joy! So here goes....

1. What was the first band you saw in concert?
This is an embarrassing question to answer. The first concert I saw was the Monkees 20th Anniversary tour. In July of 86. I was in peanut heaven of the Civic (now known as Mellon) Arena. Saw them again in October of the same year...7 rows back. I think I even have a few dark pics...It was the highlight of my young life.

2. Who is your favorite artist/band now?
I don't think you'll be able to guess that one. Tee Hee.... Yeah, it's Elvis Costello. That wasn't a hard one.

3. What's your favorite song?
Oye...there are so many that I love so I'm giving you the 2 that I adore right now; Long Journey Home by Mr. Elvis Costello and Cruel to Be Kind by Mr. Nick Lowe.

4. If you could play any instrument, what would it be?
I've always wanted to play piano. I actually do a fair job at hunt and pecking on a keyboard. I used to play french horn in grade school band, but I sucked at that.

5. If you could meet any musical icon (past or present), who would it be and why?
Fuck, I've already met Elvis Costello..he is an icon right? Can I meet him again? Please? Pretty please...Ok, if I couldn't have a go at Elvis...I'd have to say George Harrison. As much as I adore Paul McCartney, I'd love to learn more about Mr. Harrison. He was a very complex man. His talents were so often buried under the genius that was McCartney/Lennon (If Yoko won't let you do it Paul..I'll do it for ya). I was always comforted by George's music, which was simple and more often then not spiritual. I would have loved to learn more about him as a person. Finding out what made him tick would be an experience. Wherever he is now..I hope he's found the peace he inspired with his music.

(sniff)

All this talk about George has made me terribly sad.


0 comments: