Friday, April 18, 2003

A new story cos I was bored today

Ok. I don't recall if I mentioned the idea I had for a new story here, or if it were at my LiveJournal. I was really bored at work today, and since I don't have access to a real computer there. I started to work on the idea. I wrote a page and I figured I could share it with you.

It's tentatatively titled "It'll Only Be a Dream"

The new house was quiet. Not a sound eminated from the ancient walls of the estate. Tasha surveryed her surroundings, wondering what was in store for her in this new dwelling. Maxwell was already in residence, though from the look of things it was hard to tell.

In the five years that she had spent with Maxwell, Tash had never known him to greet her on arrival, even when those arrivals were well after twilight. There was something strangely familiar about this new place. For the first time in many moves, she felt at peace with her surroundings and her usual feeling of loneliness was gone.

Taking the large main staircase, Tasha went off in search of Maxwell or Andrew. The hallway she found when she reached the top was probably one of the longest she had ever seen. Her eyes scanned the many portraits that lined the walls as she made her trip. Who were these strange individuals that had come before her? Stopping before one of the paintings a chill shot down her spin. A tingling of rememberence followed, but what she was remembering she did not really know.

The man in the portrait was strikingly handsome. His hair was almost black and was wavy. He was dressed entirely in black. Perched on his nose were a pair of spectacles. The portrait was so real looking that she found herself reaching out to touch it.

"Always attracted to the studious ones aren't you, my little love?"

Spinning around, Tasha found herself staring into Maxwell's clear silver eyes.

0 comments: