Wednesday, April 23, 2003

CD SWAP

The Forgetful Elephant found this at the Neurotic Fishbowl site..and I thought this might be a fun thing to do. I have a mix cd group at yahoo, but it's pretty quiet. I thought this might be a good place to drum up some attention for this project. Also..I'm including people in the UK and Europe..here..I trade cds with alot of people..and it's not that expensive to mail from England to the US...I've actually found that sometimes Canada is more expensive..but I'm not going to exclude anyone that wants to get involved..I'm sure we can work something out.

Anyway here how it works:

I've noticed how a pervasive theme out in the blogosphere right now
is how everyone is enjoying the weather, putting down their sunroof,
windows, or convertible top, and blasting their music while they
drive. I've always loved having good driving music, so inspired by
some spring weather and Alison's CD Swap, I've decided to do one of
my own: Burn It - The Spring Edition.


The Theme:
Music that makes you want to roll down your windows/open your
sunroof/put down your convertible top and sing along at the top of
your lungs. It's spring time and I want music that makes you feel
good. It doesn't haven't to be a happy song, but it does have to be
great music to drive to.


Here's how it works:
After the signup period, people will be put into groups of 4. You
will then receive an e-mail from me telling you the names and
addresses of the people in your group. You burn 4 identical CDs. Keep
one for yourself and send the other three to the other people in your
group. You should then receive three new CDs from the other three
people in your group.


Guidlines on creating your CDs:
- Include a track listing. If someone like an artist, they might want
to buy more music by them. Let us know who it is.
- Fill up the CD as much as you can. There's 80 minutes on a blank
CD. Don't half-ass it and make a 30 minute CD.
- You should definitely use a jewel case when sending your CDs to
protect it during mailing. You can get them cheap anywhere.
- I know a lot of people are graphically inclined, so feel free to
make your CD a work of art.
- Don't be afraid to put on "cheesy" music. If you like it, others
probably will too.
- Don't be afraid to put on music that no one has ever heard before
either. Billboard or MTV may never have known this music, but you
did, so that's what counts


If you've gotten this far and you still want to sign up, send an e-
mail to me and make sure you reference the swap in the subject line.
You must include the following information:

- Your name
- Mailing address

If your interested in my mix group just click here

0 comments: