Wednesday, April 16, 2003

A Musical Survey

I borrowed this from Forgetful Elephant. Who has one of the most interesting blogs I have the joy of reading.

Music: it's great isn't it?
If not for music, I would not exist

Briefly give us your music history.
Try not to laugh cos this is funny. I started out when I was five loving the Monkees which of course lead to the Beatles and a few other 60's artists. Oddly in the 80's I went for Culture Club and Wham! oh and Madonna. The progression grows stranger here. I had a metal head phase where I liked Def Leppard (still do) Poison (saw them in concert last year) Whitesnake..and a few other weird bands. By the late 80's I was going more toward pop and classic rock again, picking up Cheap Trick, Elvis Costello, XTC and Roxette. (oh and at this point I became a fan of musical theatre). By the early 90's I'd gone way back to the 80's for Oingo Boingo, Duran Duran, Erasure, Siouxsie and the Banshees and many many others. I also picked up David Bowie in the 90's and I'd like to keep him too please. I have weird taste in music..but I like alot of different things.

So which 3 bands/artists do you love the most?
Elvis Costello (number 1 for 2 years running) Oingo Boingo (their quirkyness kicks ass) Erasure (always happy music)

If you could only ever listen to 5 albums, what would they be?
That is the most evil question to ask a women with over 3000 cds. Elvis Costello-Brutal Youth and Blood and Chocolate and the double Greatest Hits (can't go without Costello) Oingo Boingo - Dark at the End of the Tunnell (hands down my favorite boingo cd) Erasure Chorus (truly beautiful album) Why did I not chose a duran album? Cos there's not one that I adore enough to listen to over and over...even the greatest compilations leave out necessary gems. :(

Most memorable gig?
Elvis Costello Oct 19th 2002 Pittsburgh Pa AJ Palumbo Center. Why cos it rocked and I met the man! Dammit why did I let him get away!

What do you listen to now that you wouldn't have listened to years ago?
Alot of New Age..like Enya, Clanaad and Basia....I hated back in the 80's Orinoco Flow used to annoy the hell out of me...now I find it very soothing.

Hypothetical: you've just been dumped by your partner of 5 years, who you loved very much. What songs do you listen to?
Anything from Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach's Painted From Memory. Elvis Costello's I Hope You're Happy Now Abba's Winner Takes It All ...the Smiths Unhappy Birthday...and countless others

What/Who won't you listen to? Why?
Britney, Christina...and Lou Reed..(with the exception of the song I Love You Suzanne...which amuses me) They are musical anti-christs....Though Lou for the reason of being a creepy creepy man...the other two..because they SUCK!

Musician you'd most like to meet?
Can I meet Elvis again? If not Danny Elfman...both are also the musicians I'd most like to "do" over and over and over and over

Musician you'd most like to be?
Does singer count? I want to be Diana Krall so I can shag Elvis Costello see above for the correct amount of overs...

Musician you'd most like to sleep with?
Elvis Costello...Danny Elfman....Simon LeBon..

Song you wish you'd written?
Oingo Boingo "On the Outside"

Got a random lyric for us?
"While everybody's hiding under covers
Who's making lover's lane safe again for lovers?"

What's that from?
'Clowntime is Over" Elvis Costello

Doesn't David Bowie look fantastic for his age?
He's still fucking hot..I'm so jealous of Iman

Who would you want backing you up in a fight: Justin Timberlake or Eminem?
Eminem. Cos he's a bad ass...JT is a wuss..a big ole wuss

Thanks for talking. Any questions?
Where's my cookie? I think I at least deserve a cookie!

0 comments: