Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Tuesday Tunes - Week 23

From Music Memoirs

What songs cheer you up when you're feeling down?

The Beatles - All Together Now
There's a childlike simplicity to this song that always makes me grin. 1, 2, 3, 4. Can I have a little more?

Grey Eye Glances - Big Red Boat
Most of GEG's songs border on melancholy, but not this one. It's bouncy. It's happy. Jennifer Nobel's voice is fantastic. Suddenly I want to build a big red boat.."But on the plains of Nebraska, I swear I smell the ocean."

Dolly Parton - Better Get To Livin'
Trust Dolly to record one of the perkiest songs that gives you a kick in the butt if you are feeling low. Dolly pretty much says life's too short to dwell on the negative. Get it together and LIVE!

Elvis Costello - Monkey To Man
I dare you not to feel happy after listening to this one once.

The Monkees - Your Auntie Grizelda
If this song can't make you happy, I don't know what will. Peter always got the silly songs.

The Monkees - Laugh
I think the title speaks for itself! Laugh, ho ha ha ha, when the music is funny.

Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows (Where My Rosemary Goes)
Cheesy oldies always make me happy.

Gordon Lightfoot - High and Dry
It's the folk rock pirate anthem! Gordon needs to get together with Captain Jack Sparrow!

What song comes to mind when you think of the word : Happy?

Oingo Boingo - Happy
What other song would I pick? Danny's happy that his brain still lives inside his head and so am I!


If you needed to cheer up a friend, what music would you play?

The Avenue Q soundtrack! Anything but Morrissey! Weird Al!

0 comments: