Saturday, March 08, 2008

Itchy


In January the vet told us that my little Itchy kitty had breast cancer and he wanted to operate. Considering the bad health my darling girl has had over the years, I decided to opt not to do the surgery and let her live out her healthy days without the trauma of a major surgery that could kill her.

Last week, the tumor broke. I was traumatized all Monday, expecting to lose her. I've read about these tumors and I feared that this would happen.

Well it's Saturday and she's still with us, with no change in her sunny playful disposition. The tumor has shrunk and it looks nasty, but she's still alive and well. I'm sure that by all intents and purposes she should be dead.

I can only thank whatever higher power/God that is giving me and the family the extra time with her that we didn't get with Misty.

0 comments: