Friday, March 28, 2008

Top 5 On Friday - Week 168

This week at Music Memoirs, we want to know:

Top 5 songs that you've loved the longest

1. The Beatles - I'll Follow The Sun
This was the first Beatles song I remember adoring. I used to watch The Beatles cartoons and that was the song that really got me started. I stole my brother's copy of Beatles '65 as a result.

2. The Monkees - Daydream Believer
Davy was my first musical crush. I was going to marry him when I was 5. He's single these days...I wonder if he would like a wife that's younger than most of his children?

3. George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You
George was another of my youthful crushes. Oh the hell I put the guys at Camelot Music @ Century 3 Mall through when this album came out. Such a fun song too. (Even though George didn't write it)

4. The Moody Blues - Your Wildest Dreams
This is the song that started it all for me. If it weren't for this song there would have been no Atlantic City...there wouldn't have been a bizarre night in Cincinnati...no cold street corners in Youngstown. Damn this song to hell!!

5. Elvis Costello - Veronica
In 1989 I played my original Spike CD until it couldn't be played anymore. I loved that album. However I didn't rediscover the man until 2002 or 2003.

0 comments: