Sunday, March 30, 2008

Keeping It Bottled Up

It's that time of year again. The time when the doctors conspire to take my one little week of vacation and make sure I don't get it for myself.

Both parents went to the cardiologist last Friday. Mum is good. Dad is good. Both of them need an electrocardiogram in the next month or so. My dad's is scheduled for April 25th. The reason for his, is that a section of his heart is much weaker than it should be and they are considering a defibrillator for him.

ARGH!

I just went through that last year with mum. It's an easy surgery, but one they only perform at Shadyside.

Which means it will be in my best interests to stay at the Marriot if that happens, meaning I can't even begin to think of a real vacation this year until after April 25th, just in case. My guess is that everything I need to do will have to be done on the weekends again. I hate that.

Atlantic City?

Nope not until the car. No matter how many dreams I have of seagulls and the ocean.

I haven't mentioned this here or on my LJ, because deep down I wish it would go away. I'm being spoiled and selfish about everything. But still, I wish that just once I'd be able to have my vacation time for me.

0 comments: