Friday, March 14, 2008

Top 5 On Friday - Week 166

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 songs from the 60s

1. The Beatles - Eleanor Rigby
This isn't my favorite Beatles song, but its certainly one that is one of their finest in that transition period from pop to psychedelic. Some don't like it. I love it. It's probably one of Paul's best songs.

2. The Moody Blues - The Actor
This is one of my favorite Justin songs from the Core 7. This is just a stunning song.

3. Manfred Mann - Mighty Quinn
These guys did justice to Dylan's song and then some.

4. The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
I deleted my copy of 40 Licks because it was m4a and I hate those files, so I don't have this one anymore. I need to get that CD, because when it comes to the Stones I don't like enough of their music to justify buying too many CDs.

5. The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
Catchy damn song! I could put their Mercy Mercy Mercy on this list too. That's a great song. The guys have a new album out in 2 weeks! It's been available on their website for a year and it sounds great! Pick it up!! I don't think you'll be disappointed!

I made this meme too hard, because there's so much great music from that decade. The top 5 could be all Beatles songs or all Moodies songs, but I wanted to touch on different bands and these are songs that I enjoy every time I hear them.

0 comments: