Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Daylight Saving Time = Hell

Since we took that one hour leap, I haven't been able to get to sleep at a normal time, thus I am so tired that I can barely keep my eyes open.

Last night I didn't get to bed until 11, which is late for me. I'm usually in bed shortly after 10. Damn, I'm getting old. I remember when I used to be able to stay awake until well past 1 a.m.

On top of it all, I'm going to try something different this week. I'm going to go to the gym directly after work, rather than coming home for a bit, which means I've got to lug clothes to the gym. Yuck! But then again it might be better than what I have been doing and maybe I'll see the pounds start slipping away again. Or maybe I'll just be dead on my feet by 5:30 every day. Who knows?

All I know is that every year when we are subjecting to the springing forward of the clocks I take longer and longer to adjust to it. This year seems worse then ever. Maybe it's because I have more stuff to do after work. Maybe its because there's so much I want to do with my time and I just don't have the time to do it.

It's making me terribly cranky too. And a cranky me, isn't exactly the most fun person to be around, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Hopefully Friday night I can sleep for a blissful 9 - 10 hours and get all this springing forward out of my system, because Sunday is Palm Sunday and I will have to be in church and that means being awake, or partially so at an early hour.

If not, I can't begin to fathom what a miserable excuse for a human I'll be. Then again, maybe I can. Just take me now and multiply it by 2000.

ARGH!

0 comments: