Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Costello's New Album

Russ posted about Elvis Costello's new album that will be out sometime in April-May of this year, called Momofuku.

Most of the world is wondering if it's a nod toward a trendy, can't get near the place, noodle bar in NYC. I'm just wondering where I'll be able to purchase it. He claims it will be a "VINYL" only release with a special code for a digital download included.

Well la-di-fucking-da, Mr. Costello. In the US of A most people do not own turntables anymore, let alone buy CDs. Surely the RIAA has appraised you of that fact. How in the hell do you expect people to buy vinyl for god sake!

I'm one of the few that does own a turntable, though. So there will be no bitching, at least too much, from me.

I did read that there is going to be a CD release in May, most likely to coincide with him going on the road with The Police, but still it would be nice to know where I can purchase the vinyl.

I've been to amazon and there's nothing. If the release date really is April 22 for that version, it's not going to be sold through the biggest online music seller. It's also not going to be sold on his website, because that's being reconstructed due to some argument he's apparently got with Universal Music. (Who doesn't have an argument with them?)

Ah well, I hope I'll be able to order this blasted album somewhere soon.

0 comments: