Friday, March 07, 2008

Top 5 On Friday - Week 165

From Music Memoirs

Top 5 "Dreaming" songs...(song with dream in the title...about dreaming...make you dream etc)


Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over

This is probably one of the most beautiful songs ever written, it's been beautifully covered by Sixpence None The Richer and Paul Young.

There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're traveling with me

Hey now, hey now
Don't dream it's over
Hey now, hey now
When the world comes in
They come, they come
To build a wall between us
We know they won't win


Over The Rhine - If Nothing Else
No, dreaming isn't in the title, but its in the lyrics and this song is now one of my many theme songs.

i try to go back
I try to remember
the light appearing
without warning
tying up my hands
like I'm good for nothing

if nothing else I can dream
I can dream
I'll never tell never tell
all iIve seen
right in front of me
like the ghost of every thing that I could be


Justin Hayward/John Lodge - I Dreamed Last Night
One of Justin's loveliest tunes...

Well I dreamed last night you were calling
Calling my name
You were locked inside of you secrets
Calling my name
And you told me lost was the key
And you told me how you long to be free
That you don't know how
Oh let me show you now


Hem - I'll Dream Of You Tonight
This is the song that made me fall in love with this band.

I lay my head in a stranger's town
All on a summer's day
A tangled web when the lights went down
And the sun came up far away

And so over the great blue oceans
And then over the cities filled with light
I know we'll be together tomorrow
Oh but i'll dream of you tonight


The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
I adore this song, and oddly I don't have a copy of it anywhere.

Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream
When I want you in my arms
When I want you and all your charms
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam, dream, dream, dream

When I feel blue in the night
And I need you to hold me tight
Whenever I want you, all I have to do is
Drea-ea-ea-ea-eam

I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine
Anytime night or day
Only trouble is, gee whiz

0 comments: