Saturday, March 29, 2008

It Was A Long Day

Surprisingly I did get most of my to do list done. I even made a batch of brownies. I know how very domestic of me. I made them in the toaster oven too. Those things are marvelous, especially since the oven in our house is older than dirt.

The only thing I didn't get around to was fiddling with the mp3 player. I can't imagine why. Well, actually I can. It drives me bonkers, trying to go through files. I have loads of music on my computer and in my CD collection and what I listen to can change on a daily basis depending on my mood.

I discover a new artist and for a few weeks that's all I can listen to, then I find something else and that other artist fades into the background. Sometimes I even find them annoying and I start to wonder why I even liked them so much.

Sure there are staples that I can listen to at any given time, The Moodies, Elvis Costello, Gordon Lightfoot, etc.

So any time I decide to fiddle with the mp3 player's music library it becomes a trial. It's not so bad when I'm adding tv shows or video, just music. I feel guilty when I take stuff off and I hate not having my current obsessions on the damn thing. I think that's why I still have the little flash mp3 player for single playlists. It's not as complicated. I almost consider that my mix cd mp3 player. The other two are hard drive players at 4 GB and 30 GB. I really need an 80, but there are other more pressing needs in my life, like a new car.

So my guess is that I should stop whining and just start fiddling with the mp3 player.

0 comments: