Sunday, October 16, 2005

Pittsburgh And The Fall Flower Show

Well most of the day was sunny and bright, which was quite nice. It's also common knowledge that when I go to Pittsburgh the sun never shines the whole time, as was the case today. It was sunny until we were ready to see the last outdoor garden and then the clouds rolled in, and boy did it get cold.

That didn't stop us though. We took loads of pictures outside and at Station Square. We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe and yes, I did get another t-shirt. This time it was a long sleeve one that reaffirmed my need for another pair of jeans, preferrably brown ones.

Oh and for once they played some good music at the Hard Rock. While we ate they played the B-52's Roam and Elvis Costello and the Attractions' Radio Radio. (And yes, I sang along with the Elvis song!)

I took about 230 pictures. Only 4 of them were fuzzy, so not to bad. There's always a few throwaway shots when I take alot of pictures. The flowers at Phipps were gorgeous as usual, and I am happy to report that the room that's usually full of bonsai is now full of flowers. (For those of you that aren't aware of this, I hate bonsai, but that's another long story altogether)

After we ate we walked around Station Square and the shops. I bought a wonderful chocolate confection at the candy store there. A peanut butter filled chocolate covered pretzel. It produced multiple chocolategasms. So many that I had to give the last bite to my nephew for fear that I go into a chocolate induced coma.

Here are a few photo highlights of my day.





I'll try to post some more over at my photoblog in the coming days. There are just so many and after a few days I forget which one's I've uploaded.

Now all I'd like to concentrate on is getting a few more hours sleep before I have to be up for work tomorrow morning.

0 comments: