Friday, October 21, 2005

Musical Memes

It's time to do the last two meme's from Music Memoirs

Top 5 bands/artists that you can't get enough of and a song and/or album by each that you'd recommend to your fellow meme-ers.

The Moody Blues: As if you didn't know this would be one of my five choices.



Strange Times is by far one of my favorite albums of all times. It's hard to pick one song that I'd really recommend from this CD in particular, but I'll try.

The Moody Blues - English Sunset
(Which these wankers should work back into their setlist!)

Grey Eye Glances: A quasi-indie band that everyone should hear. I don't know how many times I can recommend them. I adore Dwayne's songwriting and Jennifer's voice.



Eventide is the album that everyone should own. (I mean it, dammit!)

Grey Eye Glances - Snow

Nick Lowe: This man is a phenomenal songwriter. And if you don't believe me, ask Elvis Costello.



The album I chose is his most recent studio album The Convincer, mostly because it's one of the only ones still in print. This is another album with too many good songs to choose from.

Nick Lowe - Poor Side Of Town

Elvis Costello: Hey, did you think I'd forget him? I love my snarky, sexy, geeky man, who also happens to be "THE" best songwriter out there.

One of his best albums with the Attractions is Imperial Bedroom



I say, buy all his albums! They are a must have! This one is particularly awesome. Why? It is a blending of his angsty self along with a more mature thoughtful Elvis.

The best song on the album?

Elvis Costello and the Attractions - Man Out Of Time

Diana Krall: I can't believe I've put her on my list, but she's grown on me like a bad fungus over the last year. There's something lovable about her, and her music is fab.



I love this album. I've played it to death. When I make a mix CD I'm prone to use at least one song from this disc on it.

Diana Krall - I'm Coming Through

Next up is Take Me Back Tuesday...on Friday again.

Name three songs with music or music related words in the title.
Madonna - Music
Justin Hayward and John Lodge - Saved By The Music
Jamie Cullum - You And The Night And Music

Name three artists with music related words in their name.
Roxy Music
The Undertones
Ehm...The Moody Blues

Name three albums with music or music related words in the title.

Madonna - Music



Justin Hayward - Songwriter



Keri Noble - Lullaby

0 comments: