Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Good The Bad & The Downright Awful...

OK, I've acquired and am thinking of acquiring quite a bit of new music right now. And I'm in the mood to spout off some feedback on some current tunes.

Let's start off with Madonna, shall we?

The song is called Hung Up, which will be featured on her new album due out on Nov 15. Now I like Madonna. I own every album she's done and some singles and ltd editions. Yes, I'm a Madge fan. So, I was really quite excited to hear something new by the not so material girl.

Sadly Hung Up, should be hung up and out and really not heard again. Madonna went back to her dance roots on Ray of Light and it worked. The songs were fresh and the album was wonderful. If Hung Up, with samples from ABBA's Gimmie Gimmie Gimmie are any indictation of what is to come, Madonna should take a deeper look into into herself and do a little better on the reinventing, because though this song may appeal to the Top 40 market, it's lacking something.



Madonna = Downright Awful (I can't believe I said that) I hope the rest of Confessions on a Dance Floor is better than the first single.


Next up, Babs! Ms Stresisand if you will. Moving on to a totally different genre and well, just a total turn around from Madonna. The album is called Guilty Pleasures and is done with Barry Gibb of the Bee Gees.

It's typical Streisand. No surprises here. Not as good as Guilty, but it's still a fine album. Bab's performs as expected. Personally, I like it better than the Madonna, which means I'm either getting old, or Madonna really put out a bad song.

If you hear one song from the album I recommend Night Of My Life. I choose this song, because it is oddly reminiscent of her 70's days, kinda like her duet with Donna Summer No More Tears (Enough is Enough) The song has energy, while still being Babs, if that makes sense.



Babs = The Bad/Good if you like Babs

And another lady I discovered has a new CD out, Tanita Tikaram. It's her first album since 1998, and I have to have it. I've not heard anything from it, but she worked with Nick Lowe on a few tracks and his singing with her as well, so I have to get this CD. Nick Lowe fixes are hard to come by and I'll get mine whatever way I can get.



Tanita Tikaram = The Good (And without having heard it)

0 comments: