Sunday, October 02, 2005

A Few F-ed Up Things That I Love

Last night while driving home from Wheeling my sister and I got into a discussion about things that we love that are totally fucked up for one reason or another.

In my case, I'm apt to say I love things that are inanimate objects or are people that there's no way I could even imagine really loving.

Allow me to explain.

I love the Wheeling Tunnel.



I've always had a fascination with tunnels. I guess it comes from growing up in the Pittsburgh area. There are tunnels everywhere and they amuse me a great deal. The tunnels on the PA Turnpike are other favorites of mine. I know the names of all 4 of them though I never quite get the order of them down. The middle two always get muddled.

I also love bridges. You all know that Pittsburgh's Smithfield Street Bridge and Wheeling's Suspension Bridge are things I profess to love.

I also confess to loving The Borgata's signature fragrance Pulse. Anyone who wants to spend $50 is more than welcome to buy me a bottle. I spent too much on my last trip so I didn't get to purchase it, so I'm conserving this teeny tiny sample I was given.

Then there's the matter of pretty lights. Flashing neon lights can keep me amused for hours, which is why it's probably not a good idea to have me drive into Atlantic City after dark. I can't recall how many times my sister reminded me to keep my eyes on the road as we were driving to the Borgata.



If I'm bad there, only imagine what would happen to me in Vegas!

0 comments: