Saturday, October 08, 2005

How Do You Talk To An Angel?

This was the theme song to some terrible show from the 90's called The Heights. It was infectious. Now I see that Nick Lowe did a song of the same title on his album The Abominable Showman. It can't be the same song, can it?

The problem is this; Mr. Lowe's music is almost all out of print.

You can get his greatest hits and the albums he recorded in the 90's for the most part, but the rest is unavailable or only available as an import cd.

Even his classic recordings, Jesus of Cool and Labour of Lust are out of print and can only be purchased on Half.com for prices that would make your heart stop.

I don't mind paying 25 dollars for an import, but albums like Rose of England and Nick Lowe and His Cowboy Outfit go for 50 dollars or more. Crikey!

Wouldn't it be nice if these albums got rereleased? I can't believe I'm the only person out there that loves Nick Lowe. One would think that perhaps if those intelligent people at the RIAA would make the albums available people would buy them.

I still buy music. Mind you not at the rabid rate that I used to, but I still try to purchase 2 or more CDs a month. I just need to know if the CD is worth buying before I make a purchase these days. But when it comes to Mr. Lowe, I know all his music is worth the purchase price. (If that price isn't close to the price of a new memory card for my camera)

0 comments: