Friday, August 05, 2005

Top Five On Friday

Go on friends and other bloggers, and play this week's Music Memoirs Top Five!

It's all about the moon! And there are so many moon songs out there!

Top 5 "moon" songs

The first one is my very favorite:

Penumbra Moon - Justin Hayward

Which can be found on this CD



This is Justin Hayward being totally lovable and cheesy. I adore this album for just that reason.

Here Comes The Moon - George Harrison

Which is his answer to Here Comes The Sun, it appears on his self titled solo album from 1979, if my memory serves me well



This is one of Harrison's best solo records. I generally have a preferrance for his work during the dark horse years, but really all albums considered, this one is worth having.

Moonlight Shadow - Annie Haslam

This is an absolutely beautiful song written by Mike Oldfield. Of all the versions of this song I've heard, I like Annie's best.

Sadly the album is out of print and you have to hunt it down on EBay or Half.com.

It's also the album that contains Justin Hayward's The Angels Cry.

Mr. Moonlight - The Beatles

My first album was The Beatles '65 and this song was on it. The UK album was Beatles For Sale.



This is probably The Beatles CD closest to my heart.

As Long As The Moon Can Shine - Justin Hayward



It's funny that both of the songs I picked by Justin Hayward weren't written by him, but I love them both. It's most likely his voice that makes them so endearing and so wonderful. If you can get your hands on a copy of Classic Blue, it's really worth your money.

Honorable Mentions go to Diana Krall and Tierney Sutton for their renditions of Fly Me To The Moon, CCR's Bad Moon Rising, Duran Duran's New Moon On Monday and of course, The Moody Blues' Under Moonshine

Now it's time for the August Challenge.

What's another thing that's brought me happiness?

Well if you haven't guessed music, well, you don't know me very well!

0 comments: