Monday, August 15, 2005

Fat Clothes

Out of boredom I started to go through my "fat" clothes this weekend, in hopes of making some room.

Big mistake!

I'm still not quite finished with cleaning, and I've created at least 3 bags of clothes for charity. And no, there's still no extra room.

That's one of the mysteries of cleaning. It's almost like the parable of the loaves and fishes. You clean and clean and get rid of so much stuff, but there's always stuff left over.

In the process I now need to find homes for several of my concert t-shirts. Lordy, I have so many.

I still have 2 of my Monkee t-shirts from the 20th Anniversary Reunion tour of 1986. They aren't in pristine condition but they don't look bad.

In fact, other than my old Micky Dolenz t-shirt I think I've only had to get rid of one concert t-shirt. My David Bowie t-shirt from the tour he did for The Outside album with NIN suffered the casulty of one of my kitties. It has a nice hole in it. It was much too big anyway, so I couldn't wear it out anyway, so I guess it's not that big of a loss.

But right now there are 2 Moody Blues T-shirts without a place to go, my John Lodge t-shirt, the Elvis Costello shirt from When I Was Cruel, my David Bowie shirt from the Reality tour and a stray shirt from the band Menswear that I bought in the mall yonks ago. All of them are homeless now, because I was cleaning!

I don't know where to put them. Plus I had to get rid of my favorite pair of jeans because they were to freaking big! I'm not sure I even want to try on my other jeans, because that would mean more shopping to do soon.

I went from a size 8 down to a 4 in 5 months. Thankfully I had some "skinny" clothes, but I really wish I knew where to put the stuff that doesn't have a home.

0 comments: