Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday already?

What the hell is up with that? I was sure 24 hours was longer than that? Give me back my time!!

This is usually the way I feel after a really nice day, and that pretty much sums up my Sunday.

My car run well, on probably the longest road trip of its life. Getting to the Palace of Gold is quite a jaunt, especially when you take what you think is going to be a short cut! We went from Wheeling Island, so I knew the direction said take 250 South at some point, so I got on 250 right outside the Wheeling Tunnel.

Bad move.

I think it added an extra half hour to the drive.

And lordy the road were like curly fries winding all over the damn place. It was enough to make you sick to your stomach!

But it was all worth it. The Palace of Gold and the rose gardens were absolutely beautiful and breathtaking. I have pictures of the the palace posted on the photoblog. I'll be posting pictures of the rose garden later today. I have so many gorgeous pictures that it's going to be hard to pick and choose. I might just have to upload all of them to my flikr acount.

Let me know what you think of the shots, m'kay.

0 comments: