Saturday, August 20, 2005

Happiness is...

Discovery

When you discover something new and it's something that you like, it brings you happiness.

This year I've discovered a few new things that have put a smile to my face.

Grey Eye Glances are a band I can't plug enough. Seriously, I think everyone should own the CD Eventide. Everyone! I mean it. Go and buy it now! It will bring you happiness!

The Palace of Gold.



A place that beautiful has to bring happiness. It's so peaceful and beautiful there, nestled in the mountains of West Virginia.

It brings to mind my favorite Diana Krall song, Narrow Daylight.

"It's a place where I can find some peace"

Wheeling is another discovery of mine. I knew it was there almost all my life. I've driven through it many times, but not until this past year did I discover the beauty of this small city.

Things like the suspension bridge over the Ohio and Wheeling Island Gaming Resort have brought me hours of smiles.

Oh and if you ever want to see a beautiful sight, feast your eyes on the suspension bridge after dark, it's an amazing sight.

I've never had the chance to get a photo past dusk, so I'll just share this one.



I look forward to discovering more new things that will bring me happiness. I hope some of them are in Cincinnati.

0 comments: