Saturday, June 12, 2004

What's In A Name?

What's In A Name?

I was over at Insane Faery's and I saw a link to a site that did name analysis, so I figured I'd go and pop my moniker in the site and see what it said about me.

My name is Andrea, and for those that don't know, I was kinda named after my father who's first name is Andrew. I'm one of the unlucky people that have a unisex name. So that means...twice the spam in the email! Remind me...create an email without my name in it!

I've always wanted to have a name other than the one I have. In fact, several people who know me can probably point out the names that I'd prefer. Why do I say that? Because the character's that I like the most in my stories tend to have them.

But onto the name analysis.

Description of Your First Name of: Andrea

The name of Andrea gives you a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings. Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity. There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean. It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally. You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood. You are deeply moved by the beauties of life, especially nature.

I am very creeped out by the accuracy of this silly thing.

If you want to share the creeped out feelings, clicky clicky here.

As the Jellicle cats from T.S. Elliot's poetry do, I too shall do. I'm going to ponder my ef and ineffable, deep and inscrutable, singular name.......

0 comments: