Monday, June 07, 2004

Monday Music Mambo

Monday Music Mambo

It's that time of week again to get up and dance the Mambo, courtesy of those crazy ladies at BDI!!




So to get us warmed up, let's start out by taking the word "Music" and see if we can come up with Movie titles using those 5 letters!

Moulin Rouge
UHF (gotta love Weird Al)
Shanghai Surprise (Madonna's worst movie ever!)
Indecent Proposal
Cat's Meow (Starring Eddie Izzard)

So are you warmed up for the summer movie season? Are you warmed up for the soundtracks that go with them? Yay! Let's mambo...movie soundtrack style.


1. What movie soundtrack is your absolute favorite?
I have a few favorites, the Black Beauty score soundtrack and Edward Scissorhands are up there, simply because I love the music Danny Elfman creates. If I had to pick one soundtrack that wasn't a score soundtrack, it would have to be Pretty In Pink, all those great 80's tunes in one place. I love it.

2. What movie wouldn't be as great if it didn't have such and awesome soundtrack?
Dirty Dancing. The movie was a non-musical, but the songs that shaped that film also made it. It wasn't my favorite movie of the 80's but I loved some of the songs that came from it. Eric Carmen's Hungry Eyes and Patrick Swayze's She's Like the Wind are two that I find unforgettable, without them and I've Had The Time Of My Life, that movie wouldn't have been half the hit. The songs made that movie!

3. How many movie soundtracks to you own? (you don't have to be precise a rough estimate is fine)
Well I have over 40 Elfman film scores alone so the number has to be much higher than that. I'd probably say at least sixty or more. All well loved and well enjoyed by the music whore.

4. Have you ever bought a movie soundtrack and not seen the movie?
Plenty of times. I have Journey to the Amazing Caves, which is an Imax movie that the Moody Blues did the music for, not to mention the Elfman scores. I haven't seen half the movies he did the scores for, but the music resides in my collection.

5. If your life was going to be made into a movie, what songs would you want included on the soundtrack?

OK, I'll try to keep this brief. My theme song would be included, which is Nowhere Man.

I'd want Justin Hayward's The Way of the World to figure prominently into the film. There's something very introspective and searching about this song. I couldn't not have a Hayward song on my life soundtrack.

Elvis Costello would also have a few offerings...Just About Glad from Brutal Youth for all the stupid things I've almost done and Tart during some of the moodier parts of my life. This is one of my favorite songs from the When I Was Cruel album.

George Harrison's Crackerbox Palace would play throughout my childhood, because it's a lighthearted song and because I love George Harrison.

The Monkees would appear with I'm a Believer and Daydream Believer for the scenes of my first concert.

If you want to see the Life Soundtrack mix that I made to several very interesting questions, go here and here. Oh and the "Me" mix...which really is the soundtrack to my life is here.

Feel free to inspect my other mixes and if you like any, drop me a line, maybe we can swap mixes or something.

I'm now going to do Mambo #5 across the blog..Italiano style, of course.

0 comments: