Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Standing In The Moonlight

There is a beautiful moon out tonight, that combined with the fireflies flitting around my yard has made me very "dreamy," for lack of a better word.

Which is why I'm listening to the Hayward sing Penumbra Moon right now. I absolutely adore this song. It wasn't written by the Hayward, but that matters not to me, he sings it, and even though the words are rather silly, it's still gorgeous.

In my overactive imagination, I'm out in the woods somewhere the grass curling around my toes. The Hayward is leaning against a pine or an oak, the moonlight is streaming down through the branches. His sweet vocals are filling the air.

Oh Penumbra...
I'm just like you
feeling so shy
hiding behind somebody too
Ohhhh I'm just like you

And perhaps something like this would be in the sky...



Alas, it's just a Gemini Dream.

0 comments: