Thursday, June 03, 2004

Theatre Thursday

Theatre Thursday

1) What's your favorite disaster movie of all time?
Not having watched many, I'd say Ghost Ship. It's a cheesy bad film that should have been much better, but I enjoyed it for the odd spookiness that it managed to convey. If you can't tell I like my movies to have a supernatural edge. I'm not sure if its quite the "diaster" type film we're talking about here...but wait..it was a disater at the box office, so it should count for something!

2) Do you prefer a disaster movie with tons of special effects, carnage and general mayhem (i.e. Armageddon) or would you rather see one where the focus is on the people and the event's effects on their lives (i.e. Deep Impact)?
I love good special effects. Hell, I love bad special effect. Carnage I can do without. Mmm, just thinking about the special effects in Van Helsing makes my heart beat faster. Oh wait, I was thinking about Roxula again.

3) Of all the disaster movies you've seen, which depicts the most realistic portrayal of what might happen in an actual disaster? Which was the most far-fetched?
A realistic portrayal? In a movie? Surely you jest! When you say far fetched, the spoof movies like Airplane come to mind. Oh and what about Speed and Speed 2, definitely farfetched there as well.

Bonus) Which character would you be if you were in a disaster movie - the tough hero, the corrupt businessman who profits from it all, the old lady who runs around and screams "We're doomed!!!", the kid who saves the day, the young guy who buys it in the first five minutes of the disaster, or another stock character?
I want to be the young and beautiful woman who is seduced by the corrupt businessman, played by Richard Roxburgh, who turns him around, so in just this one film, he doesn't have to die!

0 comments: