Tuesday, June 22, 2004

It's A Long Long Highway

It's A Long Long Highway

I seriously thought that things would have gotten easier today, but no, the PCD has hit about as hard as it can hit. What is PCD you ask? Post Concert Depression. It's a horrible thing, I pray that none of you have to go through it. It's one of the lowlights of having a wonderful time at a concert and knowing that it may be a year or so, before it happens again.

I never suffered from this until I saw the Moody Blues for the first time last November. Elvis Costello didn't do it to me.(though I wish he had ) Come to think of it, Duran Duran didn't do it to me and I loved them for the longest time, still do, but to a lesser extent. It's only the Moody Blues that have the capabilities to turn my world completely upside down and spiraling into a bleakness that I can't come up from.

Two hours goes by so darn fast and then you are left with a few memories that should keep you happy. They don't. Well, at least they don't keep me happy. I want more! I want to hear them play those same songs over and over again, until they are Moody Blue in the face. I want to hear the soft strains of December Snow and Voices In The Sky lulling me to sleep. I want to hear the wail of old red as J'tin belts out The Other Side Of Life. I want to see Lodgey's backside in those gorgeous black jeans that fit so nicely. I want to see the Hayward in whatever odd thing he decides to wear. (Dear god that pinkish purplish shirt gives new meaning to the word odd)

In short, I want my Moodies!!!

I will now continue to pout that it's all over and that I have nothing to look forward to for the rest of the year, absofrickinlutely nothing to look forward to.



0 comments: