Sunday, June 06, 2004

The First Four

The First Four

Here's an meme I haven't tried yet..and since it's topic seems appropriate, I'll go on with it.

What are the first four things you think of when I say:

Ronald Reagan

Oldest President of the United States
Longest living President of the United States
Win One for the Gipper!
RIP Ron - 1911-2004

I learned about his death at supper last night. I saw his picture come on the telly at Garfield's where we were eating and I knew instantly that he had died.

I'm not a republican, I don't know if I could really say how I feel about his politics as his presidency was during my grade school and junior high years, but I see him as a good man, regardless of whether or not he was a good president.

I know that he suffered from the horrible disease Alzheimer's and had suffered from it for 10 years. I hope that now he's at peace wherever he may be. I've known several people that had that illness and it's not a pretty thing. My heart goes out to his family at this time.

Again RIP -- Ronnie 40th President of the United States.


0 comments: