Monday, June 28, 2004

Monday Mambo

Before I read anymore answers, I need to get this thing done. I'd hate to feel like a copy cat, though sadly...I read Lady Starlight's blog...and drat..she's got most of my choices up! Damn and blast my "twin" sister. (giggles)


Get out your dancing shows everyone, it's Mambo time! And this week, it's a special Mambo!



Let's warm up a bit this week.

Using the word "Survivor" (no, not the band...you'll see in a few minutes) list some bands you like, song titles or little tidbits about yourself for us to get to know you. Have fun with it!


Seventh Sojourn - The 7th album by the Moody Blues
U2 - Cos I love Bono
Right About Now - A lovely tune by Paul Young
Visage - a band with Midge Ure (sigh)
I Don't Care Anymore - The Moody Blues
Veronica - A lovely song by Elvis Costello
Once is Enough - A rockin' Moody Blues song
River of Endless Love - Another Moody Blues Song

Now it's time to Mambo like crazy. This week we're doing a "Survivor" Mambo. Let's play record executive this week. You have the choice to vote off up to 10 artists and musicians off the "Survivor --- Mambo" Island. Who would they be and why

I fear 10 may not be enough..but let me get started.

Bye Bye Ladies...

Celine Dion --- Get the heck off my island. You wail and whine and beat your chest and you sing that disgusting "My Heart Will Go On" song.. Go back to your cradle robbing hubby and raise your kids...leave my ears alone, you've made them bleed enough

Mariah Carey --- You're next chica...There was a reason that you had a hard time getting a record deal. You started out moderately tolerable then someone told you, you were a phenomenal vocalist. Mariah, I hate to tell you this, but they lied! Go directly to jail, Scary Carey...do not pass go, do not collect a royalty check and above all, don't sing!

Whitney Houston -- Ah Whitney, you started out so well. I even liked ya, until you did "I Will Always Love You." For that little piece of music that you slaughtered...See ya later bye! Go back to rehab, and for godsake Whitney, divorce that piece of crap you're married to before he kills ya!

N'Sync - I'm taking out this boy band to make sure I never have to see Justin Timberlake ever again. ( Sorry Sullymel) The boy looks like Screech from Saved By The Bell. ~shudders~ Oh and every damn song sounds the same!

Bon Jovi - I was never on the Bon Jovi band wagon and I want to take this time to tell the boys from Jersey that it's over. Come to think of it, I think they've been writing the same song for about 20 years now. Buh Bye Mr. Bon Jovi. This is one girl that won't be missing you!

Britney Spears - Just go! I don't think I have to say anymore or I may have to "Hit You" one more time.

Jessica Simpson - For the Berlin song she killed, I vote her off the Survivor music Island, but I have a proposition for her. If she promises not to sing, she can have an acting career. She just has to stick to comedies and promise never to sing Take My Breath Away or I Got You Babe ever again!

Aeorosmith - For selling out more than any rock band ever. Please, just go! And Mr. Tyler, do something about those lips of yours. ~shudders~ You and Mick Jagger have traumatized enough people already!

Michael Jackson -- If he seeks some mental help for his various "Issues" he can return to music. I think Thriller was the last "good" album he put out. He needs to get a grip on life before we let his wailing crotch grabbing self lose on the public again. Assuming he doesn't end up in jail first.

Lastly....oh...who should be the last one..

Avirl Lavigne -- Just go...and learn how to dress...and wash your hair before you even try to come back. That should be so "Complicated"

I was a good girl, I didn't vote Diana Krall off the musical island because she married my honey, Elvis Costello. I even left Norda Mullen on the island and she murders the backing vocals of the Moody Blues every damn night they perform.

So, when you look at it, I was very kind.

0 comments: