Tuesday, June 07, 2005

What keeps me going?

I keep asking myself that, especially now at about quarter after six in the morning, when I'm facing another very long day.

It's the little things that make me happy and keep me moving.

1. The tanning bed at work. (I go in for 15 minutes at the end of the day, it eases the mind)
2. My music. At least I know between jobs I can listen to my own mix CDs, and let me tell you that's a welcome thing. At the first job I have no radio at all and at the second job the music is all specially done (read killed) for the franchise. Yes, we have special CDs of songs covered badly by people that shouldn't be in the recording industry at all.
3. Books for when the world gets to be too much and I need an escape. Thank god for smut novels!
4. Thoughts of my vacation. I keep telling myself in a little over a month I will be in Atlantic City watching the Moody Blues perform the same 20 songs 2 nights in a row. (Life will be good then. Of course, I may not come back!)

See I need these things to keep me plugging along. 10 hours of work keeps me from writing and so much that I really want to do. The lack of writing is what depresses me the most. I have a story/novel that's very nearly completed and for the last two weeks I just haven't been able to write more than a few lines a day. That just makes me very sad. Which is why I need reminders of why I should keep plugging on no matter how tired I am.

Any other suggestions?

0 comments: