Sunday, June 05, 2005

Random 10

It was an odd weekend. The weather was suddenly very warm and sunny. My brother visited from Canton, OH with his wife. I went to Wheeling Island, AGAIN!

What combination of tunes could possibly have made up my weekend?

Here they are:

The Moody Blues - Don't Need A Reindeer (It would probably be best not to ask why this song was on my playlist, but I'll explain anyway. I had a choice between 3 Moody Blues CDs to listen to on the drive from Wheeling back to Charleroi, and frankly I've heard enough of Long Distance Voyager and the Millenium Collection that I had to pick December! Yeah it's Christmas music. No, I didn't care)

Stereophonics - Have A Nice Day: I love this song. There are actually a few songs I like by these guys, which I find a bit odd, because they aren't the kind of rock music I usually listen to. This song however has been a favorite of mine since I saw them open for David Bowie last May and it sums up how my weekend turned out, 2 very nice days.

The Monkees - Pleasant Valley Sunday: I was having a lot of Monkee moments this weekend, as most of you saw in my last post. I've always loved this song.

The Beatles - I'm a Loser: That pretty much sums up me at Wheeling Island

Davy Jones - I'll Love You Forever: I found the demo version here on the mp3 page. Not the best quality, but still pretty. There are lots of other great Monkees tunes there too.

Justin Hayward/John Lodge - My Brother: The reason is obvious, my brother was home

Duran Duran - Bedroom Toys (Smoking Weed Remix): I downloaded this one recently and was playing it over and over. It's quite good, though they took out Simon's Oh my God, what's this? from the mix. Sad. Sad. Sad.

The Monkees - Listen To The Band: One of Mike Nesmith's best songs for the band.

The Drifters - Under The Boardwalk: Cos that's where I want to be!

Cream - Sunshine Of Your Love: Downloaded this one this weekend, possibly for the Summer Mix.

Now it's time for the picture!


Cos I'm going to see them in July!!!

If you'd like any or all of the songs in this Random 10, just give me a shout and I'll upload them for you.

0 comments: