Sunday, June 12, 2005

Thunder Only Happens When Its Raining

Last night was the Stevie Nicks concert. It proved to me a few things.

1. Pittsburgh is the crappiest city in the world to see a concert.
2. I will always have either a drunk or a whiner sitting in my near vacinity. Last night was the whiner. I think I'd have preferred the drunk.

As for the concert, Stevie Nicks was incredible and so was Don Henley. That's saying a lot for me, because I'm not a huge fan of either, but I like them well enough that I'm not going to complain about seeing a show.

Both did staples from their solo careers and from their respective bands. So yeah, I heard Desperado, Hotel California, Rhiannon and Dreams last night as well as The Boys Of Summer, Dirty Laundry, Stand Back and Edge Of Seventeen.

Don Henley opened the show and Stevie came out and did a few songs with him. They shared vocals on several songs in both his set and hers later.

Stevie Nicks is up there with Cher for wardrobe changes. Though her wardrobe changes weren't on the same caliber as Cher's she was running off stage to change clothes at least 6 times during the show. As always, her wardrobe made her look like a gypsy, but that suits her so well.

The best wardrobe change was for the song Beauty and The Beast, easily the best song of the evening. She wore a Victorian-esque gown. Black, of course. It was stunning, simply stunning.

Leather and Lace was part of the encore and another one of the highlights of the evening. Stevie and Don work so well together.

Oh and I have to comment on one more song, Stevie and Don did a Bonnie Raitt song called The Circle Dance. It was just beautiful. I hope it appears on an album sometime soon, because it should. They ended the song slow dancing together.

Taken from Stevie's website, here's the setlist

Don Henley
The Genie
Witchy Woman
I Put a Spell on You
Hotel California (with Stevie)
New York Minute (with Stevie)
The Last Worthless Evening (with Stevie)
Boys of Summer
Heart of the Matter
Dirty Laundry
Life in the Fast Lane
All She Wants to Do is Dance
encore
End of the Innocence
Desperado

Stevie Nicks
Outside The Rain
Dreams
Rhiannon
Enchanted
Gold Dust Woman (with Don Henley)
Circle Dance (Bonnie Raitt cover)
Band Introduction
Stand Back
Beauty and the Beast
Edge of Seventeen
encore
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around (with Don Henley)
Leather and Lace (with Don Henley)
So You Wanna Be A Rock and Roll Star (with Don Henley)

That's from the tour opener and I think it was pretty much the same in Pittsburgh. If you want to hear any of the songs performed on this tour, click here. It's the show in Holmdel, New Jersey. The quality isn't the greatest, but it's worth downloading just to hear, plus there are some other goodies there too.

Stevie is so incredibly beautiful up close and a wonderful performer, as is Don Henley. It was a great show and I'm glad I was there to see them!

0 comments: