Sunday, June 05, 2005

A Monkee Moment

For some reason in the last few days I've been in the mood for The Monkees. I don't know why. Maybe it has something to do with the summer. I don't really know. I have a mix CD in my car that has a pretty Monkees song on it. One of the bonus tracks from the Rhino reissues from years back.

Today I came across a great website.

There are some great pictures and video clips there.

~sigh~

I remember sitting for hours and hours watching the TV shows when I was in school. I remember going to countless concerts, 4 or 5, I think all throughout my life.

Why are my guys getting old?

WHY!!!!!

This cannot be.

I have Davy's official site linked here, and each time I click over, I get depressed. Davy Jones was my first crush, when I was five years old. I wanted nothing more than to walk down the aisle with him. He's not aging well. At least not in my opinion. (Not when compared to Justin Hayward, John Lodge, Paul McCartney etc.)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the Davy Jones I want to remember always.

Not this one

Image hosted by TinyPic.com

And this is one of the better shots I've found. It's from the Vh-1 Thanksgiving Special.

Dear God, don't let J'tiny Poo or Lodgey start looking like old men yet....PLEASE!!!

And I don't want to hear that all of them are nearing or our in their 60's yet!

~plugs ears~

My men are eternal I tell you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw him on some program a few years ago and all he did was prattle on about Angelina Jolie. It was creeping me out.