Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Vinyl Kings

The Music Whore is whoring another quasi Indie band.

Thank you CD Baby!

Do you like the Beatles?

Well yes, I do.

Well then you have to listen to this record



Vinyl Kings are comprised of backup musicians, so to speak. The list of musicians and bands the members of this group have worked with is quite impressive.

The music they make is even more so, especially if you like the sound of The Beatles Rubber Soul and Revolver albums. See they are a tribute band of sorts, but they make Beatle-y pop music without covering the Beatles. Bless them.

Their first album A Little Trip is a loving tribute to the Fab Four and listening to the samples on the page, I would have to say it's the best tribute I've ever heard.

Anyone that wants to listen to something new, while still retaining the simplicity of the 60's can't help but love these records.

My recommendation from A Little Trip - I Think I Know. Click here to find a sample of that song.

And from Time Machine click here to hear Your Turn To Shine.

0 comments: