Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Take Me Back Tuesday

It's time for one of the Music Memoirs memes!

1. What one artist would you like to travel back in time to see in their "hey day?" And Why?
There are so many and they all are from the 1960's.
I'm going to give the two obvious answers for me. The Moody Blues and The Beatles, both for the same reasons.

Reason 1. Would love to see both bands when they were fresh and young.
Reason 2. The magic of those years can't be captured now.

2. If you could go back in time to buy one musical related item that you wanted, but didn't purchase at the time, what would it be?
I would have purchased The Moody Blues - The Other Side Of Life in the 80's when the album first came out, rather than waiting almost twenty years to acquire it. My love for the band probably would have started much sooner.

You have no idea how many times I held a copy of that album in my hands and put it back, because I only knew 2 songs from it. (Your Wildest Dreams & The Other Side Of Life)

3. If you could travel back in time and give any artist/band a piece of advice, who would it be and what would your advice be?

Can I give a few artists some advice?

1. John Lennon: Don't sign any autographs in Dec of 1980. (I might also add, don't marry Yoko Ono)

2. Justin Hayward: Don't date women your drummer introduces you to. Don't buy that pink shirt. Wear more leather.

3. John Lodge: RECORD MORE THAN ONE SOLO ALBUM!!!!!!

4. Paul McCartney: Don't try to be friends with Michael Jackson!!!

0 comments: