Thursday, March 03, 2005

Top Five on Friday ...erm Thursday

I posted my meme early. So I'm doing it early.

If you want to share you're Top 5's go over to Music Memoirs and leave a comment. That way I know that you played along. Won't ya do it? For me? Pretty please.

Here's this week's Top Five.

Top 5 Duets

1. Paul McCartney and Elvis Costello - You Want Her Too
I always envisioned these two singing this song about Linda McCartney. I'm not sure why. It's a wonderful song, and one of my favorite tracks that came out of the McCartney/MacManus collaborations.

2. Ann Wilson and Robin Zander - Surrender to Me
This song came off the soundtrack to the horrible film Tequila Sunrise. It's the only good thing about the film too. The soundtrack contains a great Duran Duran song as well as one of Andy Taylor's solo offerings.

3. The Pogues featuring Kristy MacColl - Fairytale Of New York
This is in my top 10 list of Christmas songs. Absolutely hilarious.

4. Justin Hayward and Sally Oldfield - Let It Begin
I'm not sure why I picked this one for my top five, except that Justin's involved. It's a really pretty song. I like The Angels Cry that Justin did with Annie Haslam better, but he only did backing vocals on that one. This is an actual duet, and it's a pretty one too.

5. Sarah McLachlan & Jewel - A Song For A Winter's Night
One word - Gorgeous.

Honorable mentions would include: Elton John and Kiki Dee - Don't Go Breaking My Heart and Cher and Peter Cetera - After All (I don't know why I like this song, it's really awful)

0 comments: