Friday, March 25, 2005

Top Five On Friday

Ok, here's my 2nd musical meme of the week, brought to you by Music Memoirs.

Top 5 "Live" Songs. (This could be songs from live albums or songs that are better performed live)

1. Elvis Costello - I Want You
This song is passionate in its studio version, but when EC does it in concert it's almost, no, it is orgasmic. (I'll hunt down a live version for you later. I don't have one on my hard drive right now)

2. The Moody Blues - The Story In Your Eyes
Justin Hayward's guitar work on this song is always incredible. I have to agree with Moody Mistress on that one. The version I'm posting here is from The Night At The Red Rocks CD.

3. Duran Duran - Hungry Like The Wolf
Yes, this song is cheesy 80's music at its best, but I hate to tell all of you scoffers out there this, but Duran Duran are a credible live band. I've seen them twice and both times I went thinking that the show would be terrible. Both times I was wrong. This uber long version is from the Tower Records show from May of 93. This version was released on the Too Much Information single and the whole concert was bootlegged at one point. (I know, cos I have it)

4. The Moody Blues - Talking Out Of Turn
I can't ignore Lodgey, this song and Steppin in a Slide Zone are two of his best songs done live This mp3 came from the Wantagh New York show on June 13, 1997. I wanted to post the Atlantic City mp3..but damn if I couldn't find that this morning.

5. Cheap Trick - I Want You To Want Me
All you have to do is listen to their CD At Budakon or any of the other live CDs that are out there, to know that this song is fabulous live. I was lucky enough to see them once back in the mid-90's. They are a fabulous band and Robin Zander is hot! (Had to get the lust out on this one)

0 comments: