Monday, March 28, 2005

Holidays = Evil

Why are holidays always the most evil days of the year?

Well there are several reasons.

1. Family gatherings -- instant argument without a can.
2. Too much food --- ends up on your butt and thighs the next day.
3. Picnics --- weather permitting.
4. Church!!

Church is the one part of Easter that was really just bad. And though most of you may not know it, I'm a fairly decent practicing Catholic.

I hate going to church on holidays though.

Why?

It's hard to avoid the choir and our folk choir. Both are vile horrible crimes against music.

The folk choir complete with acoustic guitar, bass and tamborine pissed me off royally yesterday. More so than the choir usually does, and of the two ensembles, the choir is the worst.

How did the folk group piss me off?

They sang Hosanna from Jesus Christ Superstar before mass.

OK, saying that they sang it is giving them a compliment that they didn't deserve. They murdered a perfectly beautiful Andrew Lloyd Webber classic, that wasn't suitable for the ocassion anyway.

Why wasn't it suitable?

Show of hands for the people that have ever seen the musical Jesus Christ Superstar or the movie.

OK, I know a few of you have.

Am I not right in saying the musical ended on Good Friday.

Yes, I am.

Hosanna was the Palm Sunday song.

Grrrr!

Idiots!

So to the music ministry of Mary, Mother of the Church Parish in the hamlet of Charleroi on Mon: DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!

I'm telling you, it made my ears bleed.

Note to self: some people only go to church on Christmas and Easter...I think I should go every week..but not on those days.

0 comments: