Friday, March 11, 2005

Top Five On Friday

One more musical meme. By now you're probably sick of seeing them, and I promise a real post after I finish off my last 4 hours of work tonight. M'kay? Promise you won't beat me?

Thank you

We had an either or/or both or all three if you were silly enough to do the third part of my meme this week.

Top five songs by Irish artists/or songs with an Irish/celtic feel to them.

1. Elvis Costello w/Anuna - Long Journey Home: Just a gorgeous song. I don't think I know anyone that's heard it and not loved it.

2. Mary Fahl - Going Home: The former vocalist from the band October Project. This song is simply beautiful.

3. The Moody Blues - Highway: Ok, no one there is Irish, but they do have bagpipes in the song, giving it a Celtic feel.

4. Grey Eye Glances - Take My Heart: I can't whore this band enough. There is a distinct Irish feel to this song. Like everything they do...it's fabulous.

5. Enya - Anywhere Is: No list of Irish music could be complete without Enya!

And for the second part of the meme


Top five silly songs.

1. George Harrison - Crackerbox Palace: Love George showing off his silly song. The video is great too, with members of the Monty Python crew helping out!

2. Monty Python - Every Sperm Is Sacred: A bit sacriligious, but a hilarious take at the Catholic Church from the Meaning of Life film.

3. The Damned - The Turkey Song: A hilarious minute of music that will make you look at turkeys a bit differently.

4. Red Dwarf - Tongue Tied (Smegmix): A song done by Danny John Jules and the rest of the cast for the Red Dwarf Series! Great song! Silly and fun!

5. Oingo Boingo - Don't Go In The Basement: Another minute or so of pure fun!

I'll post the song links to the last five when I get back from work this evening.

0 comments: