Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Take Me Back Tuesday

It's time for the first of the two music memes for the week. If you want to play along, just hop on over to Music Memoirs and leave a comment once you post your answers on your blog, or leave them in the comments section there.

1. What decade to you shaped your musical taste and why?
The 1960's, definitely. I wasn't even thought of then, but it was the first music I really loved. I loved the Beatles since I was 5 and they opened the door to so many other bands for me. OK, and the Monkees. Hey! I was 5! What 5 year old couldn't love Davy, Micky, Peter and Mike?

2. What song best defines the decade that you chose.
The Beatles - All You Need Is Love
Could there be a more perfect song? I think not.

3. What is your favorite song from that decade. (If it's the same as your answer for number two..tell us why)
I will feel guilty for not picking a Moody Blues song (really guilty). So I'm going to pick 2.

The Beatles - Nowhere Man (which is my signature song)
Best song ever in my book.

The Moody Blues - Ride My See Saw
Best Lodgey Song from the Core 7 albums. Ok, that and I'm Just A Singer In A Rock N' Roll Band. BTW..who was the loser that decided to call those albums the Core 7. I'd like to beat them with a stick.

0 comments: