Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Take Me Back Tuesday

It's time for another wacky meme from Music Memoirs!

Name 5 funny songs.
I'm going to try not to list the songs I used on my "silly" songs Top Five a few weeks ago. Silly/Funny are they almost the same?
The Beatles - Hey Bulldog
The Monkees - Gonna Buy Me A Dog
Erasure - La Gloria
Herman's Hermits - Henry the Eighth
Ringo Starr - No No Song

Name 5 songs whose lyrics never fail to make you say 'Is that what they really said?' (Clarification: songs with amusingly mishead lyrics. Example: Revved up with a douche, another runner in the night - is actually 'revved up like a deuce, another runner in the night.' This is one of the most commonly misheard lyrics from Blinded By the Light.)
John Denver's Take Me Home Country Roads..which my mother always sang Take Me Home Country Rose.

But I'd like to add two songs where you just wonder what the hell they were saying in the first place.

The Monkees - No Time
The Monkees - Going Down (There's a verse sung so fast that unless you have the lyrics in front of you, you'll never know what Micky Dolenz was singing)

No I lie..3 songs.

What the hell was Curt Go Bang..erm Cobain..singing in Smells Like Teen Spirit? On second thought, I really don't want to know.

(Can you tell I have no respect for that man or his music...or what he tried to pass off for music)

And then there's a song called Lucille by Kenny Rodgers...Shall we sing "You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel?" Sounds like more fun to me.


Name 5 Weird Al Yankovic parodies.
Amish Paradise (My personal favorite)
The Saga Begins (Another great one...a parody of American Pie)
This Song Is Just Six Words Long (A parody of Got My Mind Set On You)
Smells Like Nirvana (The only way I like Nirvana...in parody form)
Like A Surgeon (Cutting for the very first time)

0 comments: