Wednesday, March 23, 2005

To Blog or Not To Blog

I've never done the proverbial "Why Do I Blog" post. So I thought today would be as good a time as any to explain some of my reasons.

~ Venting is a damn good thing, and every so often we all have to do that. I'm pretty sure most of my family prefers that I vent quietly online than at them.

~ I can share what's going on in my life with friends that are harder to keep in touch with. Mind you sometimes it would be nice if those friends would leave a comment when they stopped by. It's not as though I don't know they've been here. (IP addies tell all, you know)

~ It's a great way to share my obsessions with the world.

Muhahahahaha! You knew I had to have a nefarious purpose, right?

I want to spread the love of Elvis Costello, The Moody Blues and Duran Duran to the world!

Actually I want to share my love of music with the world.

Some people think The Moody Blues are a crap band. They are allowed. I don't agree with them, but they are allowed. Just as I think Nirvana was a crap band. I hated them always.

Just because you see the Moody Blues on this blog, doesn't mean that they are the only band I listen to. I have ecclectic taste, and I listen to most anything.

Elena asked me to post a photo of my CD Collection. Miss Tay had asked to see it awhile back.


Part of my CD collection Posted by Hello


More CDs..Look there's my Justin Hayward collection! Posted by Hello

Now I dare anyone to question my screen name of Music Whore.

Oh and that's not all of the CDs either, but I think it's enough for now.

~ I want to share the photos I've taken. Share meaning, if you like them. Right click away. Enjoy! I usually have all my photos uploaded through hello so if you click on them, (like the cd collection shots) they grow to their normal size.

So all in all, blogging is like sharing a piece, albeit a small piece, of my life with strangers.

The parts I share maybe personal, silly or general in nature. But blogging is a little way of sharing a bit of who I am with you.

0 comments: