Sunday, March 06, 2005

Get this song out of my head!

How many times do you listen to something and find it returns a half hour later, to loop around your brain?

Many times I'm sure.

Half the time it's probably a song you don't even really like.

Other times it's a song that just wants to torture you a bit longer.

It's worse when it's a song you don't really like. It sucks to get that damn N'Sync song in your head. And how often is it a song by a band you like.

Not too often I tell you. Unless it's Send Me No Wine or Vintage Wine. Shoots evil glares in the general direction of John Lodge and Justin Hayward. (Double evil glares to Justin for that damn Reindeer song)

How many times can I rant on this subject, you ask.

Many many times, I tell you! Because this happens all to often. Most recently the song Knock Three Times by Tony Orlando has taken up residence. That's just so wrong on so many counts, but the damn thing is just so darn cute and catchy! ARGH!

It's funny sometimes which songs stick in your head though.

Here's a few songs that have danced with the cobwebs in my head.

Nick Lowe - Rose of England
Elvis Costello - Tart
The Moody Blues - Lovely To See You
Duran Duran - New Moon On Monday
Erasure - Don't Say Your Love Is Killing Me
George Harrison - Got My Mind Set On You.

So what songs have taken up residence in your head lately? Oh and as always, if you'd like any of these songs...let me know and I'll do that You Send It thing.

0 comments: