Thursday, March 10, 2005

The Devil Made Me Do It!

It's time for another musical meme, which was passed on to me from Fallen, who got it from Elena.

What five bands/artists (past or present) would be your ideal concert line up and why?

First opener would be Grey Eye Glances because they are a great modern progressive band. There songs are gorgeous and the vocalist is one of the best female singers I've heard.

Next opener would be Erasure who have been a favorite of mine since the early 90's. Their music can go from upbeat to ethereal in a matter of seconds and Andy Bell has the most heavenly voice out there.

Following Erasure would be Duran Duran who will be pissed that they aren't getting top billing, but they will deal with it. I wish I could have seen them this tour, but alas that was not meant to be, hence they are on my dream line up.

Next would be Elvis Costello. He's my one really rock act. And I don't need to answer why I've chosen him. Everyone knows I love him and his music!

The headline act would be....

are you ready for this?

really?

OK

Tony Orlando and Dawn!

No...Just joking! Bet I had you fooled for a minute or two, right?

Nah! I didn't think so.

The headliner would be The Moody Blues and I'd make them put on a real show, as opposed the sad pathetic set they perform on their current tours. Two hours of music guys. Work it Moodies! 5 more songs! It wouldn't hurt ya! Paul McCartney plays 2.5 hours!

(This is where I mutter about The Moody Blues being a bunch of lazy stud muffins)

Pick an artist/band and select five songs. Why are these your five favorite songs?

Ok, shall we go for something different?

Duran Duran
What Happens Tomorrow from the album Astronuat: Simon's best songwriting in a long while. Anyone can appreciate this one, not just die hard fans.

Like An Angel from the single My Own Way: Just a gorgeous ballad. This is one of the many b-sides that should have been on the album, in this case Rio.

None Of The Above from the Wedding Album: This little known single is another great example of Simon writing well, and almost making sense, which he seldom does.

Electric Barbarella from the album Medazzaland: The only good song from Medazzaland, but one so good you can almost forgive them the rest of the crap. It's great cheesy fun dance music. Its a hard song to hate, and it's a hard song to get out of your head.

I Believe/All I Need To Know from the single All She Wants Is: The second best b-side ever. This one is even better than the A-side, of course the A-side sucked in my opinion.

Which five songs have unpleasant associations and why?

I don't really have songs that I associate bad things with. I can say that Journey songs make me cringe because I had a boyfriend that loved them. David Bowie doesn't sit well with me after a bad concert experience. But other than that it would just be because I don't like them.

Which artist/band was your first crush?

The Monkees, or rather Davy Jones.

Stop! Laughing! Now!

How many albums/CDs of this artist/band did you buy?

Everyone of them, and on vinyl, cassette and CD. I'm a loyal fan. I always was. I always will be.

Did you ever see him/them in concert?

Yes! Twice on the 20th Anniversary Tour. Once on the Justus Tour. Once at the Ribfest in Pittsburgh. I might have seen them one other time, but I'm not sure.

Do you still have memorabilia of them?

Yup! T-shirts, CDs, posters, the Who's Got The Button Book and 2 songbooks. Not to mention scads of buttons and stuff like that.

Now for the people who must do this.

MoodyMistress because she's seen Elvis Costello twice on this tour.

Lady Starlight for not remembering to find Ticketmaster's phone number so we could be going to Atlantic City next month.

Kristy because I said so!

0 comments: