Monday, November 03, 2003

To Love Another Person Is to See the Face of God

I watched the concert of Les Miserables from Royal Albert Hall on VHS last night. I bought it a few years back and never got around to watching it completely until last night.

It helped me move along with reading the book. I'm determined to get through the book in a week. (Believe it or not I'm about 200 pages into it now) Of course listening to the lovely Michael Ball sing definitely helps. He played Marius Pontmercy in the London Cast. The man has a spectacular voice. He's also a cutie pie...



Isn't he darling? He has the most incredible voice. I don't think I would have ever gotten around to reading the book or listening to him again if it weren't for the Moody Blues. Michael Ball did a Christmas album a few years back, and some of his song choices were recorded by the Moody Blues on December.

It was the domino effect, I tell you.

When in doubt these days I blame two things.

1. The Moody Blues - For being so damn wonderful, and introducing me to the musical Jekyll and Hyde..and songbird...Annie Haslam

2. Elvis Costello - For putting out an album that's almost completely turned me off his music. GAH! I hate North...I hate North...I hate North.

Random Question...

Have you never been mellow?

Mr. Costello has been...I wish he'd stop! Someone piss him off please, so he can go back to his normal snarky, cranky self. Oh yeah, and tell him his fiancee or wife or whatever the Princess of Pork is these days...that she was beat with an ugly stick..and if he'd raise his eyes from her cleavage for a few minutes he might see that.

This Diana Krall rant has been brought to you by The Music Whore...hating the wives and girlfriends of her concubines for nearly 30 years