Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Pondering Mr. Costello

Ah, it's been nearly 2 months since North came out, and the album still annoys me. His fans annoy me...even he is beginning to annoy me. If it weren't for pictures like the one posted a few days ago, I'd probably have tossed him aside.

Thank god for prettiness.

Yes, I am fickle. I fully admit to that. I haven't listened to a whole Costello CD in at least a month, and that was probably North. I tried so hard to like it. I know it's a good piece of work, but nope, I can't stand it. The songs I do like on it are the ones that aren't on the actual CD. OK..allow me to explain. The download only track North..though about Canada..and of course the Princess of Pork in a roundabout way..I'm sure..is my favorite track. The other two are bonus tracks on the European and Japanese versions of the CD; Impatience and Too Blue. Of the actual CD, Still is the only track I can stomach at intervals.

Up until this CD, there has never been a Costello CD that I have hated with this much passion. I'm so glad I have other musical interests to tide me over until his next record, which I hope will be a lot less boring to my musical palate.

And one last thing of annoyance, on a Costello related issue. I love how pompous and arrogant some of his fans are and how personally they take a bad review. I have this to say. North may be a great album, but it's not going to be an album that the average music fan falls in love with. I guess I'm average, because I can't like it.

Still, to each his own. I would rather listen to N'Sync over the new Costello CD. That my dear friends is how bad I hate North.

0 comments: