Friday, November 14, 2003

In Praise of ABBA

The next time I decide to go to the Costello Message Board, will someone please stop me?I go there, it seems, to raise my blood pressure. I can't think of any other reason. It leads me to continue on with my rant that I started this morning. You know, how everyone's musical taste is different.

Step away from the keyboard, Andrea....step away!

It took me 2 hours to write that entry, because I was so angry that someone was dissing my Elvis! My Elvis was being dissed!!! Grrrrr. It was written that he sang through his throat. No..actually he sings through his teeth. It's that gap between his front teeth that gives him that odd (yet appealing) sound to his voice.

So as you might have guessed, someone on the above mentioned board has dissed ABBA. I am saddened by this. Not angry as I was when Mr. Costello was dissed, just saddened.

I really think that people should listen to their music and realize, ABBA didn't really do disco music. They did Pop music. Pop music that was still worth listening to. Sure there were some really cheesy songs, but even the Beatles had some of those.

What I love about the Costello Board...is how pretenious they are..How many times have I said this? Costello is God but this sucks..and that sucks..and we must read deep thoughtful novels...etc..for we are deep thoughtful people.

UH? People? Hello...Your deep thoughtful God listens to Destiny's Child! Crikey..and they complain about ABBA!

So now I want to say this for ABBA...Benny and Bjorn are fine songwriters. They write catchy tunes that stick in your head forever once you hear them. Agentha and Frida had lovely voices.

And while I'm on the subject of Agentha...the song The Angels Cry written by my Justiny Poo, was written for her. Justin...try a brunette sometime would ya! (shakes head sadly) So see the ABBA chicks aren't that bad if my Justin writes them songs. (OK, my Justin is a daft romantic sometimes..but I still lurve him)

Anywho....There is nothing wrong with ABBA. They were a great pop band from a decade that had very little good pop music...but a lot of different music. One could do a lot worse then listening to ABBA..

Oh and by the way..Because EC thinks they are cool.."THEY ARE"

why?

BECAUSE EC IS GOD! (well to some of you...and I don't mean Clapton)

wanders sheepishly off..after using other people's words against them..

I feel suddenly smug.

0 comments: