Wednesday, November 19, 2003

So what happens now?

For all the bad luck I seem to have in other areas of my life, I do have some good. This past year especially. What I want to know is this, why are the good moments so fleeting and the shoddy ones so long?

What's next? I mean, I've been hugged by John Lodge and Justin Hayward called me darling. Can anything wonderful happen after this? Who's left? Will I get to see these guys again?

There are very few bands that I have wanted to see more than once. Perhaps a better way to say it would be, there aren't many bands that I want to see over and over again. The Moody Blues are definitely one of those bands. I don't care that the setlist doesn't change much, I don't care that the shows are on average about an hour and a half long. I just want to see the Jays.

The Monkees are another band that I loved seeing live. I've seen them four times in the past 20 years. Eeep! The last show was at a ribfest about 2 years ago. I was right in front of the stage. Truly a wonderful experience.

As to the rest, Duran Duran I could stand to see at least one more time with the original line up. They aren't as high priority anymore. I'd love to see Cheap Trick again, in a small venue like I did the last time. I even have Rick Nielson's guitar pick to prove I was there!!

I'm not sure about Costello right now. I think I'd rather wait and see if he gets North out of his system. Though from the bootlegs I've heard he's not too mellow on stage. Thank God!

I think I'm going to stare at that picture of Justin some more. It's keeping me sane (or perhaps..delightfully insane) these days.

0 comments: