Thursday, November 06, 2003

The Moody Blues Put the "P" in Progressive Rock

If you are wondering how they did that, it's simple, they put the "pretty" in progressive rock. Goodness knows someone had to.

Allow me to name some progressive rock bands for you.

Jethro Tull
Uriah Heap
Genesis
Pink Floyd
10cc

Not a pretty one amongst them. Peter Gabriel is probably the closest these bands get to pretty. (Not that pretty...but ok)

I also leave out the band Renaissance, cos Annie Haslam is quite pretty in her unique way. Have I mentioned that her music is exquisite and that anyone that like ethereal vocals should check out either her music with Renaissance or her solo material?

But back to the Moodies...Even in the 60's and 70's..they were such cutie pies...and such hams when they had to be.

For Example



I rest my case...The Moody Blues put the "P" in Progressive Rock