Monday, November 24, 2003

My Musical Wish List

There are way too many CDs that I need right now. None of which I can get either until next month. I hate the situation I'm in. I hate not knowing what to do next. There's just so much I want to acquire and well this holiday is going to be tight money wise.

I promise I won't put a make a donation thing on the blog. Have you seen those? My god that's tacky! Please send me money!! It's so all about wrong that people have the audacity to do something like that. That some people might even be stupid enough to give them a donation freaks me out.

Eeep...I just interrupted my topic, which is more amusing. I was looking at my Wish List from Half.com and I realized how lazy I had been in buying the solo works of the Beatles. Half of Paul McCartney's solo catalog is there, as well as the discs with Wings. I'm still missing a few Harrison CDs as well.

On a happy note, I have completed the main portion of the Moody Blues collection.

Squeeeeeeee

Now all that's left is to someday hunt down the solo material by Ray Thomas, Graeme Edge and Mike Pinder. (Not too much of a Pinder fan myself so his efforts are last on the list) I already own all of Justin's solo albums..and John Lodge's Natural Avenue.

A note about John's one solo album. It's a bit odd, but in a good way. Which is kinda like John actually. Someone said it sounded disco-y, but I think they are wrong, it went on a lighter glam front. The song Street Cafe, which I adore, sounds like something Bowie would have written, only with a Harrison-like guitar part.

I do need to pick up the Gaia album, just to have Justin's On the Road on an actual CD. Plus it's supposed to be a beautiful album all around.

Back to the newer music front though. There's the Beatles - Let It Be Naked, Cyndi Lauper - At Last, Matchbox Twenty's EP, Madonna's new remix album, Delerium - Karma, Annie Haslam - An Enchanted Evening oh and the Club Bowie CD.

Here's hoping the family is kind to me this Christmas...

0 comments: